TIFEM’s All Time LOVE Jams
This Valentine’s, we thought it would be a great idea to compile a list of our top 14 favorite all time love songs.
In many ways, the relationship of one to another in love is a lot like the relationship between a pretty melody and an eloquent lyric, or a moving rhythm and a riff. Two entities dancing together in time, complimenting and shadowing each other to create something greater than the sum of it’s parts.
Of course, throughout the years there have been so many musical expressions of love that it’s almost impossible to choose a list that’s going to make everyone happy.
Speaking of happy, we also thought it fair game to select not only the songs about the good times for lovers and friends, but also some of those songs about the nasty side of love. The unfortunate, unrequited type of love that makes you want to turn the volume up to eleven, just to drown out the noisy thumping of the heart.
TIFEM’s Top 14 All Time Love Songs (in no particular order):
- Head Over Heels – Tears for Fear
- Vision of Love – Mariah Carey
- Crazy for You – Madonna
- Julia – The Beatles
- You Really Got a Hold on Me – Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Heaven – Bryan Adams
- Wicked Game – Chris Isaak
- Book of Love – The Magnetic Fields
- Ain’t Nobody – Chaka Kahn
- There is a Light That Never Goes Out – The Smiths
- This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) – Talking Heads
- At Last – Etta James
- In My Life – The Beatles